Metabones Canon EF to Micro4/3 Speed Booster (S) Version Lens Mount Adapter
Warranty: 1 Year by Metabones
List Price: RM3,003.00
Best Price: RM2,730.00Inclusive 6% GST
*YL Camera does not accept PayPal payment for all camera and lens. Order will be refunded if paid via PayPal. Please refer payment page for more info. If you wish to pay via credit card, please select iPay88 at checkout. Valid for Malaysia credit cards only.
The Canon EF Lens to Micro Four Thirds Speed Booster "S" Version from Metabones is designed to be used on Micro Four Thirds cameras with an "active" mount as opposed to those with a "passive" mount and is therefore compatible with Olympus OM-D cameras, Panasonic GH4 and the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera but not with the Blackmagic Cinema Camera 2.5K.
This EF to MFT Speed Booster allows a full frame or APS-C Canon EF lens to be mounted to a Micro Four Thirds mount camera and in doing so, increases the angle of view by 0.71x and increases the maximum aperture one f/stop.
When a lens intended for full frame sensors or 35mm film is mounted to a camera with a Micro Four Thirds sensor, it transmits a larger area of light than the smaller sensor was built to accept and therefore the effective angle of view of the lens increases. The Speed Booster condenses light from the lens and projects it onto the MFT sensor allowing it to utilize all of the lens' light and effectively reduces the crop factor. A corresponding increase in the maximum aperture of one f/stop makes the lens more effective in low-light situations and able to create a shallow depth of field.
Automatic exposure information is communicated by the speed booster and controlled from the camera body. Image stabilization on lenses that provide it is supported and EXIF data transferred as well. No external power source is required as the speed booster is powered by the camera and houses a 32-bit processor.
Metabones Speed Boosters are made of precision-machined brass with chromium plating on both the camera body and the lens side of the booster in order to ensure smooth mounting, quality aesthetic, and durability. This adapter has a detachable tripod foot that is compatible with Arca Swiss, Markins, and Photo Clam ball heads.
- Allows a full frame Canon EF lens to be mounted to select Panasonic, Olympus or Blackmagic Micro Four Thirds format camera and in doing so, increases the angle of view by 0.71x and increases the maximum aperture one f/stop.
- The "S" version of the EF to MFT Speed Booster is designed for Active mount Micro Four Thirds cameras and is compatible with the Olympus OM-D E-M1, E-M5 and E-M10 cameras as well as the Panasonic GH4, GH3, GH2, GH1 cameras and the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera.
- Unlike the original EF to MFT Speed Booster, the "S" version cannot be powered by an external 5V Micro USB power supply and does not have the jog-dial button to control aperture when using an external power supply.
- Electronic integration of the camera's aperture is supported and controlled via the camera body. Autofocus is not supported but lens-based image stabilization is supported and EXIF data is communicated.
- Third party EF mount lenses such as those by Sigma, Tamron and Tokina are compatible however third party zoom lenses may need to be registered with the Speed Booster first in order to detect their maximum aperture.
- High performance 32-bit processor and efficient switched-mode power supply is featured and the speed booster is powered by the camera body.
- Precise fit and solid connection - lens has no play, gap or wiggling when mounted on speed booster and no adjustments are required to fit your lens. Both the camera-side and the lens-side of the speed booster are made of brass which is precision-machined and chrome-plated.
- The Speed Booster uses matte-black treatment to keep internal reflection to a minimum in order to maintain the maximum optical quality possible with the lens. The exterior features a black satin surface finish.
- The Speed Booster is fine-tuned to be able to focus to infinity for every combination of lens and camera body, and also to ensure optimal optical quality with CRC or floating-element lenses. No adjustments are necessary, but some older lenses which are out of tune due to age and some lower quality optics may not be able to focus to infinity with a Speed Booster. It is possible to adjust Speed Booster to allow for infinity focus for these lenses by loosening the stop screw and rotating the glass elements.
- The speed booster features a detachable tripod foot which is compatible with Arca Swiss, Markins, Photo Clam ball heads.
- EF-S lenses, M42 screw mount adapters, focus confirmation chips, lens corrections and many manual focus lenses are NOT supported. A list of tested and supported lenses can be found on the Metabones website.
- Canon EF Lens to Micro Four Thirds Body
- For Active MFT Mount Cameras
- Increases Maximum Aperture by 1 f/Stop
- Increases Angle of View by 0.71x
- Electronic Integration of Aperture
- Supports Image Stabilization Lenses
- Infinity Adjustment
- 32-Bit Processor; Switched-Mode Power
- Detachable Tripod Foot