Panasonic HC-MDH2 AVCHD Shoulder Mount Camcorder
Warranty: 1 Year by Panasonic (M) SDN BHD
List Price: RM5,299.00
Best Price: RM4,693.00Inclusive 6% GST
*YL Camera does not accept PayPal payment for all camera and lens. Order will be refunded if paid via PayPal. Please refer payment page for more info. If you wish to pay via credit card, please select iPay88 at checkout. Valid for Malaysia credit cards only.
The camera features a 1/2.33" MOS sensor that has been designed with a thinner wiring layer, which allows the sensor to capture more light resulting in a better low light image with less noise than with a similar sensor with a thicker wiring layer. Panasonic's Crystal Engine Pro image processor converts the info from the sensor to a viewable image. It also handles the image processing of the 50X intelligent zoom, providing smooth looking video, and minimizing artifacts.
The camera features built-in image stabilization that operates in 5-axes, compensating for vertical, horizontal, forward and back tilt, and panning motions that might otherwise be distracting to your audience. The HC-MHD2 features a level function, where the camera corrects shots that are not horizontally level. The camera's Intelligent auto mode allows the camera to select the appropriate settings to capture you image. However, you can choose to manually control, focus, zoom, iris, and white balance. The camera comes with an eyepiece viewfinder for a traditional ENG approach to shooting, but you can also use the built-in touch panel LCD instead. The camera records to available SD/SDHC/SDXC media, and features 2 x media card slots, allowing either relay or simultaneous recording to create an instant back up. Once you've captured your footage, you can connect an available USB drive to the camera and transfer directly to the drive without using a computer or other USB host device. An update on the little red recording light, the illuminated ring at the base of the lens glows to indicate the status of the camera, either blue for stand-by or red for recording.
- The design of the image sensor increases sensitivity by using a thinner wiring layer, providing for larger photodiodes that can capture more light.
- The Crystal Engine Pro image processor processes the information from the image sensor to produce HD images. It also handles the image processing of the digital zoom, providing smooth images even when the zoom exceeds the optical capabilities of the lens.
- The camera features a built-in viewfinder and a 3.0" touchscreen LCD, allowing you to frame your shot, view your images, and control the camera's features.
- The 5-Axis Hybrid O.I.S.+ stabilizes your image minimizing shake by compensating for vertical and horizontal shake, as well unwanted up/down tilt, and panning shake.
- The camera's Level Shot function automatically corrects and adjusts the level of the image.
- The camera features a 20x optical zoom, which is complimented by a 50x intelligent zoom, which uses algorithms to produce a digitally zoomed image with minimal artifacts.
- The camera's two media card slot accept available SD/SDHC/SDXC cards, and you can choose relay recording, which automatically switches recording from one card to the other when the first one becomes filled, or simultaneous recording, which provides you an instant back up.
- The IA (Intelligent Auto) mode can automatically select the appropriate camera settings based on the shooting conditions.
- The IA plus mode allows you to adjust exposure compensation and white balance via the touch panel LCD.
- The lens features a manual control ring, pressing the Camera Function button on the side of the lens allows you to select manual control over focus, zoom, iris, white balance, or shutter speed.
- The built-in USB2.0 port allows you to connect a portable hard drive, and copy footage from the camera to the hard drive without using a computer. This function requires the camera to be powered via the AC adapter.
- An illuminated ring around the lens glows blue to indicate standby mode, and red to indicate recording. The illuminated ring can be turned off, allowing you to record surreptitiously.
|Sensor||1/2.33" High Sensitivity MOS sensor|
|Total Pixels||17.52 MP|
Video (Level Shot Function Off)
16:9 - 4.14 MP
4:3 - 3.11 MP
3:2 - 3.24 MP
16:9 - 4.14 MP
4:3 - 3.24 MP
2 lx (Low Light Scene Mode, 1/25 shutter)
1 lx (Color Night View)
Auto Slow Shutter On: 1/25 to 1/8000
Auto Slow Shutter Off: 1/50 to 1/8000
1/2 to 1/2000
|Image Stabilization||Hybrid O.I.S. + Level Shot Function|
|LCD Display||3" (7.5 cm) 460,800 dots|
|Viewfinder||0.24" (0.61 cm)|
|Focal Length||2.82 to 59.2|
|35mm Equivalent Focal Length||
16:9 - 28.0 to 729.6mm
4:3 - 36.2 to 893.0mm
3:2 - 33.2 to 697.6mm
16:9 - 28.0 to 729.6mm
4:3 - 33.9 to 712.6mm
Intelligent Zoom Off: 26x
Intelligent Zoom On: 50x
Digital Zoom: 60x/1500x
|Media Card Slots||2 x SD|
|Recording Media Support||SD/SDHC/SDXC|
HD Video 1920 x 1080
1080 50p: 28 Mb/s
PH: 24 Mb/s
HA: 17 Mb/s
HG: 13 Mb/s
HE: 5 Mb/s
SD Video 720 x 576
SA: 9 Mb/s
SS: 4.5 Mb/s
20.4 MP: 6016 x 3384
9.4 MP: 4096 x 2034
2.1 MP: 1920 x 1080
15.1 MP: 4725 x 3168
8.0 MP: 3456 x 2304
2.0 MP: 1728 x 1152
15.1 MP: 4480 x 3360
5.8 MP: 2784 x 2088
0.3 MP: 640 x 480
16:9 : 9.4 MP 4096 x 2304
16:9 : 2.1 MP 1920 x 1080
4:3 : 1.4 MP 1440 x 1080
|Audio Recording||1920 x 1080: Dolby Digital (2 ch)|
|Interface - Connectors||AV
Stereo mini (microphone)
Stereo mini (headphone)
|Accessory Shoe||Yes - cold|
Max Recording: 6.7W
Max Charging: 10.7W
AC Adapter: 9.3VDC
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||Approx.: 8.07 x 8.54 x 18.85" (205 x 217 x 479 mm)|
|Weight||Approx. 5.00 lb (2.27 kg) without battery or SD Card|
- Panasonic HC-MDH2 AVCHD Shoulder Mount Camcorder
- AC Adpater with DC Cable
- AC Power Cord
- Rechargeable Battery Pack (2900 mah)
- AV Cable
- USB Cable
- External Stereo Microphone
- Eye cup
- Lens Cap