The Shure SRH940 Professional Reference Headphones are suited for recording and mixing applications. The headphones sport 40mm neodymium drivers to deliver a frequency response of 5 Hz to 30 kHz, doing so with a tight bass response, smooth high end, and an accurate transient response with minimal distortion.
Lightweight at 0.7 lb, the headphones have a lightweight and ergonomic design with replaceable, around-ear velour cushions and an adjustable, padded headband for comfort throughout prolonged listening sessions. The closed-back earcup design and thick cushions also help to block out unwanted ambient noise.
A set of two detachable, single-sided OFC cables are included. One is straight, and the other is coiled. The inclusion of both ensures flexible wearing options and easy replacement. The cables have secure bayonet clips to lock securely into the earcup. Each cable terminates in a gold-plated 3.5mm stereo mini plug, and a threaded 1/4" adapter is included for additional compatibility. The headphones feature a collapsible design with 90° swivel earcups for convenient storage in the included hard travel case.
Key Features at a Glance
- Wide frequency response delivers smooth high-end extension with tight bass, as well as accurate transient response for minimal distortion
- Lightweight at 0.7 oz
- Ergonomic fit with padded headband for comfort over extended listening sessions
- Closed-back, circumaural design rests comfortably over the ears and reduces background noise
- Collapsible design with 90° swivel earcups for easy storage and portability
- Built for durability
- Bayonet clip securely locks cable into earcup
- Replaceable earpads ensure long product life
- 2 included detachable cables (one coiled, one straight) provide plenty length and flexible wearing options
- Zippered, hard travel case protects headphones when on the go or not in use