Metabones Nikon G to Micro4/3 Speed Booster Lens Mount Adapter
Warranty: 1 Year by Metabones
List Price: RM2,151.00
Best Price: RM1,955.00Inclusive 6% GST
*YL Camera does not accept PayPal payment for all camera and lens. Order will be refunded if paid via PayPal. Please refer payment page for more info. If you wish to pay via credit card, please select iPay88 at checkout. Valid for Malaysia credit cards only.
When a lens intended for full frame sensors or 35mm film is mounted to a camera with an Micro Four Thirds sized sensor, it transmits a larger area of light than the smaller sensor was built to accept and therefore the angle of view of the lens decreases and the equivalent focal length increases. The Speed Booster condenses light from the lens and projects it onto the smaller sensor allowing the sensor to utilize all of the lens' light and effectively produce a full-frame angle of view with an MFT sensor. A corresponding increase in the maximum aperture of one f/stop makes the lens more effective in low-light situations and able to create a shallow depth of field.
Metabones Speed Boosters are quality made, using precision-machined brass with chromium plating on both the camera-body and the lens sides of the booster in order to ensure smooth mounting, quality aesthetic, and durability. This adapter has a detachable tripod foot that is compatible with Arca Swiss, Markins, and Photo Clam ball heads.
Although the lens will fit physically, automatic diaphragm (AE metering), or other auto functions are not retained using this speed booster. Nikon G and F lenses including non-AI & AI lens mounts are compatible. The Nikkor 2.1cm f/4 and 20mm f/2.8 AI-S lenses are not compatible with the speed booster.
- Allows a full frame Nikon G & F lens to be mounted to a Micro Four Thirds mount camera and in doing so, increases the angle of view and increases the maximum aperture one f/stop.
- Both camera-side and lens-side of the speed booster are made of brass, precision-machined and plated with chromium.
- Precise fit and solid connection - lens has no play, gap or wiggling when mounted on speed booster and no adjustments are required to fit your lens.
- The Speed Booster uses matte-black treatment to keep internal reflection to a minimum in order to maintain the maximum optical quality possible with the lens.
- The lens' aperture is set to wide open for ease of focusing while the Wide-Open (WO) button of the Metabones Speed Booster is depressed. Release the button and the lens will return to the aperture set on the camera. This wide-open function is automatically shut off when you actually take a picture and during movie capture.
- Micro Four Thirds speed boosters are shipped with a clickless ring that can be easily converted to a clicked ring without additional parts.
- This adapter has a detachable tripod foot that is compatible with Arca Swiss, Markins, and Photo Clam ball heads.
- Although the lens will fit physically, automatic diaphragm (AE metering), or other auto functions are not retained using this speed booster.