Olympus PEN E-PL7 (White) + M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 EZ (Silver)
Warranty: 1 year Olympus Malaysia
List Price: RM2,099.00
Best Price: RM1,827.00Inclusive 6% GST
*YL Camera does not accept PayPal payment for all camera and lens. Order will be refunded if paid via PayPal. Please refer payment page for more info. If you wish to pay via credit card, please select iPay88 at checkout. Valid for Malaysia credit cards only.
The latest model in Olympuss legendary PEN series wraps powerful photographic performance in an elegant skin. Leather and brushed metal accents draw inspiration from timeless Olympus designs, but features like ergonomic controls and a clever downward-opening monitor for the best selfies ever address the needs of thoroughly modern photographers.
The E-PL7 is a compact, interchangeable lens camera with a modern twist. Built-in Wi-Fi and the upgraded OI.Share app let you control the camera remotely and post images instantly, while spectacular image quality, a selfie-centric touch screen interface and numerous creative tools make this the perfect choice for aspiring photographers.
- The same advanced core image processing technology 16MP Live MOS CMOS sensor, TruePic VII image processor and in-body three-axis image stabilization found in Olympus critically acclaimed OM-D E-M10 lives inside the E-PL7. Every nuance of your subjects will be captured at a level of detail that will astound you.
- Life moves fast but the E-PL7 is faster. Its lightning-quick autofocus system facilitates high-speed sequential shooting up to 8 frames per second. The 81-point AF grid covers the entire frame so you can zero in on any area. Improved AF tracking makes panning on a moving subject easier than ever, and Focus Peaking improves your accuracy in manual focus mode.
- Turn your smartphone into a photographic accessory with the E-PL7. Its built-in WiFi allows you to control the camera remotely, which is great for selfies, tripod shooting and new to the E-PL7 video recording. The cameras unique QR code lets you instantly connect your smart device and camera using the newly improved OI.Share app.
- The E-PL7s array of fun and inventive in-camera creative tools includes 14 Art Filters (new: Vintage and Partial Color options), 7 Art Effects (new: Shade Effect), 5 Photo Story layouts and built-in HDR. Photo & Movie Capture lets you shoot full-res stills and HD video simultaneously, while the new Old Film Effect adds scratches and dust marks to give your videos a vintage look.
- Can such a small camera handle 15 different lenses? It can when its the E-PL7. Build your system from an impressive assortment of M.Zuiko Micro Four Thirds fast primes, wide-angle and telephoto zooms, and macros, all with the unmatched digital-specific optics and premium build quality that set Olympus glass apart.
- Genuine leather body jackets and lens covers. An add-on electronic viewfinder. A variety of external flashes (most with wireless remote control). A compact underwater housing compatible with five M.Zuiko wide-angle and macro lenses. Add style and functionality to your E-PL7 with a wide array of premium accessories.
|Product type||Micro Four Thirds interchangeable lens system camera|
|Memory||SD Memory Card*1 (SDHC, SDXC, UHS-I compatible, Eye-Fi Card compatible*2) |
*1: Class 6 or higher is recommended for Movie shooting.
*2: Not compatible with Endless Memory.
|Screen size||17.3 x 13.0 mm|
|Lens mount||Micro Four Thirds Mount|
|Product type||4/3 Live MOS Sensor|
|Number of pixels||Number of effective pixels : Approx. 16.1 million pixels |
Total number of pixels : Approx. 17.2 million pixels
|Aspect ratio||1.33 (4:3)|
|Dust reduction||Supersonic Wave Filter (image sensor dust reduction system)|
|Recording format||DCF, DPOF compatible / Exif, PRINT Image Matching III, MPO compatible|
|File format||RAW (12-bit lossless compression), JPEG, RAW+JPEG, MPO(3D still)|
|Recording image size||[RAW] 4608 x 3456 pixels [JPEG] 4608 x 3456 pixels - 640 x 480 pixels|
|Type||Built-in (Image sensor shift type for movie & still, 3-axis* image stabilization) |
|Mode||4 modes (S-I.S.AUTO, S-I.S.1, S-I.S.2, S-I.S.3), OFF|
|IS for finder image||Available (by half-pressing the shutter button or enlarging operation)|
|Focal length setting||Available|
|Stabilization performance||3.5 EV* |
* Based on CIPA measurement conditions. When using M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ (focal length=42mm (35mm equivalent with 84mm))
|Lens IS priority||Available|
|(Optional) electronic view finder VF-2, VF-3, VF-4|
|Live View||Approx. 100% field of view, |
Exposure compensation preview, WB adjustment preview,
Gradation auto preview, Face detection preview (up to 8 faces),
Grid line, Magnification display (x5/x7/x10/x14),
Display modes: Standard, Histogram, Highlight & shadow, Level Gauge, Off (Image Only)
|Preview||Live Preview can be assigned to a custom preset button |
* push once to activate and deactivate
|Monitor type||3.0-inch tilting monitor* |
* Approx.1037k dots (3:2), electrostatic capacitance type touch panel
|Total no. of pixels||Approx.460k dots (16:9)|
|Touch control||Shutter release, Enlargement, |
AF area selection,
AF area size adjustment, Frame forward/backward,
Enlargement playback, Live Guide, Super Control Panel,
Art Filter selection, Scene mode selection, Wi-Fi connection, Selfie shutter release
|Tilting angle||Upward tilting angle: up to 80 degrees |
Downward tilting angle: up to 180 degrees
|Brightness / Color temperature control||±7 levels / ±7 levels|
|Color tone select||Vivid / Natural|
|AF system||High-speed imager AF|
|Focus mode||Single AF (S-AF) / Continuous AF (C-AF)*/ Manual Focus (MF) / S-AF + MF / AF tracking (C-AF + TR)* |
* C-AF and AF tracking are not available with non-mFTS lenses. It works as S-AF in C-AF mode.
|Magnified frame AF||Selectable from over 800 AF points |
Magnification x5, x7, x10(Default), x14 selectable
Super Spot AF: Selectable from center of enlarge view(0.02% - 0.16% in view image), Enlarged view focus point check by magnify button*
* Available with old lenses without data communication
|Face detection AF / Eye detection AF||Available / (Available Eye Detection AF mode: Off / Nearer-eye priority / Right-eye priority / Left-eye priority)|
|Focusing point||81-area multiple AF|
|Focusing point selection||All target, Group target area (9-area), Single target,(normal) Single target(small)|
|Manual Focus Assist* Customize function||Focus ring rotation activiates Live View image maginification and/or focus peaking. (when in S-AF+MF or MF mode)|
|Peaking function||Avaliable on Fn button or Manual Focus, Type: White edge, Black edge|
|Metering system(TTL Image sensor metering)||Digital ESP metering (324-area multi pattern metering), Center weighted average metering, Spot metering, Spot metering with highlight control, Spot metering with shadow control|
|Metering range||EV -2 - 20 (using 17mm f2.8, ISO 100) |
* 0 - 20 EV when the frame ratio is set at high speed.
|Exposure mode||iAuto, P: Program AE (Program shift can be performed), A: Aperture priority AE, S: Shutter priority AE, M: Manual, Bulb, Time, Scene select AE, Art Filter, Underwater wide / macro* , My Set |
* Selectable from menu as a function on Fn/Rec button
* My set can be set to mode dial function
|Scene select AE||Portrait, e-Portrait, Landscape, Landscape + Portrait, Sport, Hand-held Starlight*1, Night scene, Night + Portrait, Children, High Key, Low Key, DIS mode, Macro, Nature Macro, Candle, Sunset, Documents, Panorama, Fireworks, Beach & Snow, Fisheye Conv., Wide Conv., Macro Conv.,Panning, 3D*2 |
*1 8 images automatically shot and combined into a single image composite
*2 For 3D lens(H-FT012 by Panasonic) only, still photo only
|ISO sensitivity||AUTO ISO: LOW (approx. 100) - 25600 (customizable, Defalut: LOW-1600) |
Manual ISO: LOW (approx.100), 200 - 25600, 1/3 or 1 EV steps selectable
|Exposure compensation||Still photo ±5, movie ±3 EV, with selectable EV adjustment steps (1/3, 1/2, 1) |
* Movie shooting, monitor and EVF displays only up to ±3 EV.
|AE lock||Locks at 1st release of shutter button (can be set to Fn1/Rec button)|
|Product type||Electronic focal-plane shutter|
|Shutter speed||1/4000 - 60 sec., with selectable EV adjustment steps (1/3, 1/2, 1) |
Bulb/Time: selectable exposure time (1/2/4/8/15/20/25/30 min.), with 8-min. default setting
|Flash intensity control method||TTL Auto, Auto*, Manual, Super FP*(FP-TTL AUTO, FP-MANUAL) |
* Available on the external flash
|Bundled flash||TTL Flash, |
* Bundled FL-LM1. Attach it on the hot shoe and connect it to the accessory port 2.
|G.No||GN=7(ISO100m) / GN=10 (ISO200m) |
* Attach it on the hot shoe and connect it to the accessory port 2.
|Flash mode||Flash Auto, Redeye, Fill-in, Flash Off, Red-eye Slow sync.(1st curtain), Slow sync.(1st curtain), Slow sync.(2nd curtain), Manual(1/1(FULL) - 1/64)|
|Synchronization speed||1/250 sec. Bundled Flash FL-LM1 |
1/200 sec. External Flash*
* FL-50R: 1/180 sec Super FP: 1/125-1/8000 sec. / RC mode: 1/160 sec.
|Flash intensity control||Up to± 3 EV in 0.3, 0.5, 1 EV steps selectable|
|Compatible external flash||FL-50R, FL-36R, FL-20, FL-14, FL-300R, FL-600R|
|Compatible external flash||FL-50R, FL-36R, FL-300R, FL600R|
|Control method||Triggered and controlled by bundled flash FL-LM1 (Olympus Wireless RC Flash system compatible)|
|Number of channel||4 channels|
|Group setting||4 groups (External flash 3 groups + commander flash*) |
* FL-LM1 / FL-600R
|Sequential shooting speed||[Sequential shooting H mode] approx 8.0 fps |
* Focus and exposure are fixed at the values for the first shot.
[Sequential shooting L mode] approx 3.7 fps
* When using the M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 14-42mm f3.5-6.3 EZ
|Max. recordable pictures on sequential shooting||[RAW] Max. 20 frames (in 3.7 seq. shooting L) Max. 16 frames (in 8 seq. shooting H) |
[JPEG] Max. ∞ frames (in 3.7 seq. shooting L) Max. 36 frames (in 8 seq. shooting H)
* When using the M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 14-42mm f3.5-5.6 EZ
* With TOSHIBA SDHC UHS-I R95/W90 EXCERIA
|Self-timer||Operation time: 12 sec., 2 sec., custom (Wait time: 1-30sec., Shot interval: 0.5/1/2/3sec., Number of shots: 1-10, Every time AF: ON/OFF)|
|Exposure bracketing||2, 3 or 5 frames in 0.3/0.7/1.0EV steps selectable, 7 frames in 0.3/0.7EV steps selectable |
* AE-BKT can be programmed to the Fn-button.
|ISO bracketing||3 frames in 0.3/0.7/1.0EV steps selectable|
|White balance bracketing||3 frames in 2, 4, 6 steps selectable in each A-B/G-M axis.|
|Flash bracketing||3 frames in 0.3/0.7/1.0EV step selectable|
|Art Filter bracketing||i-Enhance, Vivid, Natural, Muted, Portrait, Monotone, Custom, Art Filters selectable|
|HDR (Automatic Overlay)||HDR1, HDR2 (painting-like) |
* ISO sensitivity is fixed at 200, and maximum shutter speed setting is 1 sec.
* 4 images automatically shot at different exposures and combined into a single high dynamic range image composite.
|Bracketing for HDR post-process||3 or 5 frames in 2.0/3.0EV steps selectable, 7 frames in 2.0EV steps selectable. |
* This function does not execute HDR processing.
* HDR function can be programmed to the Fn-button.
|Mode||Pop Art (I, II / a.b.c.d.e.f) |
Soft Focus ( - / c.e)
Pale & Light Color (I, II / a.b.c.d.f)
Light Tone ( - / d.f)
Grainy Film (I, II / b.c.d.g.h)
Pin Hole (I, II, III / d)
Diorama ( - / d.)
Cross Process (I, II / b.c.d.f)
Gentle Sepia ( - / a.b.c.d.f)
Dramatic Tone (I / b.c.d.e.f) (II / b.c.d.e.f.g.h)
Key Line (I, II / a.b.c.d.e)
WaterColor (I, II / a.b.c.d)
Vintage (I, II, III / a.b.c.d.e.f.i)
Partial Color (I, II, III / a.b.c.d.e.f)
|Variation / Effect||a. Soft Focus Effect, b. Pin-Hole Effect, c. White Edge Effect, d. Frame Effect, e. Star Light Effect, f. Blur Effect (Top & bottom, Left & Right), g. B&W Effect (Yellow, Orange, Red, Green), h. Pict. Tone (Sepia, Blue, Purple, Green), i. Shade Effect (Top & bottom, Left & Right)|
|Color Ring (for partial color)||18 color selectable|
|Type||Standard (I, II, III, IV / a, b, c, d, e / A, B, C, D) / Fun Frame (I, II, III / - / - ) / Speed ( - / - / A, E, F) / Zoom in / out (I, II / a, c / A, G) / Layout (I, II, III, IV / - / - )|
|Frame Effect||a. White Frame,b. White Frame & White Edge Effect, c. Black Frame, d. White Frame & Pin Hole Effect|
|Aspect & Window Pattern||A. 4:3, 2 frames, B. 4:3, 3 frames, C. 1:1, 2 frames, D. 1:1, 3 frames, E. 1:1, 4 frames, F. 16:9, 5 frames, G. 16:9, 2 frames|
|Recording format||MOV(MPEG-4AVC/H.264) , AVI(Motion JPEG)|
|Movie Mode||[MOV] |
Full HD: 1920(H)x1080(V), 30p(29.97fps)Recording
24Mbps(Fine) / 16Mbps(Normal): Aspect 16:9
HD: 1280(H)x720(V), 30p(29.97fps)Recording
12Mbps(Fine) / 8Mbps(Normal): Aspect 16:9
[AVI Motion JPEG]
HD: 1280(H)x720(V), 30fps* Aspect 16:9
SD: 640(H)x480(V), 30fps*, Aspect 4:3
* Excluding some Art Filters
|Maximum Recording Time||[MOV] |
Full HD: Approx. 29min(Normal) / Approx. 22min(Fine)
HD: Approx. 29min(Normal) / Approx. 29min(Fine)
HD: Approx. 7min* / SD: Approx. 14min*
* Excluding some Art Filters
|One-push Movie Digital Conveter||x 4 Avairable on Movie effect mode|
|TimeLapse Movie||Available (AVI Motion JPEG 1280 x 720, 10fps)|
|Movie function||Movie Effect: One-shot echo / Multi-echo / Art Fade / Old Film |
Art Filter Movie, Aperture-prioritized Movie, Shutter Speed-Prioritized Movie, Manually Shot Movie
|Image Stabilization for Movie||M-IS (Image sensor shift and electronic image stabilizer with multi motion IS), Off|
|Exposure control (Movie)||P: Program AE, A: Aperture priority AE, S: Shutter speed priority AE, M: Manual, Art Filter |
* S mode and M mode: Shutter speed is limited in less than 1/30 sec.
|Compression ratio||Motion-JPEG Format: 1/12(HD), 1/8(SD)|
|File size||MOV Format: Max 4GB |
Motion-JPEG Format: Max 2GB
|Recording format||Wave Format (Stereo linear PCM/16-bit, Sampling frequency 48kHz)|
|Maximum Recording Time||Picture with Sound: 30sec. (Movie: depend on Movie Recording Time)|
|Microphone function||Wind noise reduction, Recording volume, Microphone volume limiter |
Audio dubbing possible for still pictures (up to 30 sec.)
|White Balance mode||Auto WB, 7 Preset WBs, 4 Capture WBs, Custom WB(Kelvin setting)|
|White balance compensation||±7 steps in each A-B/G-M axis * Except for Custom WB|
|Preset white balance||7 preset WBs (3000K - 7500K) - Sunny(5300K), Shadow(7500K), Cloudy(6000K), Incandescent(3000K), Fluorescent(4000K), Underwater, WB Flash(5500K)|
|sRGB, Adobe RGB|
|Mode||i-Enhance, Vivid, Natural, Muted, Portrait, Monotone, Custom, e Portrait, Art Filters|
|Gradation||Auto, Normal, High Key, Low Key [except Art Filters]|
|Interval Time 1sec. - 24 Hours, Max 999 frames. (Available on making Time-lapse movie automatically)|
|Number of picture||2 frames|
|Functions||Auto gain, Exposing on Recorded picture(RAW)|
|4:3(Default) / 3:2 / 16:9 / 1:1 / 3:4|
|GPS info. Function||Available (by using Smartphone GPS data)|
|Wireless Shooting||Live View, Rec View, Wireless Touch AF shutter*, Self Timer (w/Countdown guidance, Sequential shooting, Short movie recording capability), Wireless Release, Power Off |
* Selectable from iAuto / ART / PASM (Live Bulb, Live Time)
* Control settings for aperture, shutter speed, exposure, ISO sensitivity, white balance and Drive Mode.
|Image Share||File Type: JPEG*, MOV |
Connect to up to 4 devices simultaneously. Marking function for image share.
* Excluding MPO file.
|Easy Connection||QR code setting|
|Playback mode||Single-frame, Information display, Index display (4/9/25/100 frames), Calendar, Enlargement (2x - 14x), Movie (with sound, FF/REW/Pause), Picture rotation (auto), Slideshow (with sound including BGM, Slide show effects, replaceable BGM), Light Box display|
|Information display||Histogram (independent luminance / RGB available), Highlight/Shadow point warning, AF frame, Photographic information, OFF|
|34 languages selectable: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Russian, Czech, Dutch, Danish, Polish, Portuguese, Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish, Croat, Slovenian, Hungarian, Greek, Slovakian, Turkish, Latvian, Estonian, Lithuanian, Ukrainian, Serbian, Bulgarian, Rumanian, Indonesian, Malay, Thai|
|4 settings recordable / Available to set to mode dial.|
|Editing function||RAW data edit, Gradation auto, Monochrome, Sepia, Red-eye fix, Saturation, Resize (1280x960, 640x480, 320x240), Trimming, Aspect, e-Portrait, Image Overlay, Postrecording|
|RAW data edit||RAW data edit based on settings of the camera (including e-Portrat, Color Creator, Art Filter, ART-BKT). |
2 programmable settings, preview capability.
|Print reservation (DPOF), Direct print (PictBridge compatible)|
|USB/Video connector, Remote cable||Dedicated multi-connector [USB: USB2.0 Hi-Speed, Video: NTSC/PAL selectable, Optional Remote cable RM-UC1 compatible.]|
|HDMI connector||Micro HDMI (Type-D)|
|Flash attachment||Hot shoe|
|Accessory attachment||Dedicated multi-connector [Available for VF-2/VF-3/VF-4, SEMA-1, MAL-1 and PP-1.]|
|Wireless LAN / Microphone input||Built-in (IEEE 802.11b/g/n)|
|PC interface||USB2.0 Hi-Speed|
|TV interface||HDMI (HD/Stereo Sound), conventional video-out (SD/Mono Sound)|
|Battery||BLS-50 Li-ion battery (included)|
|Power battery holder||-|
|Sleep mode||Available (1/3/5 min. off)|
|No. of recordable pictures||Approx. 350 shots [IS ON, CIPA test standard] (with BLS-50 and TOSHIBA SD card)|
|Dimensions||114.9mm(W) x 67mm(H) x 38.4mm(D) |
[CIPA guideline compliant, excluding protrusions]
|Weight||Approx. 357g [CIPA guideline compliant, with BLS-50 battery and Memory card] |
Approx. 309g [body only]
|Temperature||0 - 40°C (operation) / -20 - 60°C (storage)|
|Humidity||30 - 90% (operation) / 10 - 90% (storage)|
Li-ion battery BLS-50
Li-ion battery charger BCS-5
OLYMPUS Viewer 3 (CD-ROM)
8GB SD Card