A versatile wide-angle to standard-length zoom, the Tamron 20-40mm f/2.8 Di III VXD Lens spans a useful range of focal lengths for everyday shooting. Offered here with a Sony E-mount, this compact and portable lens is well-suited for everything from landscapes and cityscapes to street scenes and portraits. An excellent travel companion, this full-frame lens delivers beautiful images across the entire zoom range and is a great choice for still photography, vlogs, and other video content.
The lens features a constant f/2.8 maximum aperture enabling you to shoot in difficult lighting conditions, and with a minimum focusing distance of just 6.7", this optic delivers close-range functionality for dynamic wide-angle macro shots. A VXD (Voice-coil eXtreme-torque Drive) linear motor focus mechanism provides fast, quiet, and precise autofocus performance throughout the zoom range, and the lens also supports Sony's Fast Hybrid AF and Eye AF features with select cameras. Additionally, the lens is compatible with Tamron Lens Utility software for customizing lens functions and updating firmware.
- Versatile wide-angle to standard-length zoom designed for full-frame Sony E-mount cameras that can also be used with APS-C models where it produces a 30-60mm equivalent focal length range.
- Constant f/2.8 maximum aperture provides bright illumination throughout the zoom range and also enables precise control over depth of field for working with selective focus techniques.
- VXD (Voice-coil eXtreme-torque Drive) linear motor focus mechanism for fast, quiet, and precise autofocus performance throughout the zoom range.
- Compatible with many camera-specific features and functions including Fast Hybrid AF and Eye AF.
- Minimum focusing distance of just 6.7" and a 1:3.8 maximum magnification for working with close-up subjects.
- Rapid zoom ring arc of 65° enables swift adjustment to the desired focal length with minimal movement.
- Moisture-resistant construction for use in inclement conditions, plus a fluorine coating on the front lens element to protect against dust, dirt, and smearing.
- Compatible with Tamron Lens Utility software for customizing lens functions and updating firmware.